Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy B-day to me and my brother from the Land of Smiles

Well it's not quite the 11th of february in the USA, but the celebration has begun in Bangkok (BKK). The plan for the day is to get massages, lounge by the pool and hit the town tonight. There are a lot of cool people here. I've been staying with a friend of my sisters who has been a great host and lives in a fantastic part of town. I already feel like an ex-patriot local and it's great.

Heather and her parents (friends from Colorado) are here too and we have been seeing some sights together. Yesterday we went to a gigantic weekend market that was easy to get lost in, and at night went to a transvestite cabaret show! It was crazy how beautiful some of the ladies were and what music they decided to dance to. They went back and forth between Thai songs and American. My favorite was watching 20 or so transvestites doing a representation of Michael Jackson's Thriller!!! They did the monster dance and everything, it was great needless to say.

Anyways, I hope all is well stateside and sooner or later I'll figure out the picture thing so you can all see how great it is here so maybe you'll visit. Take Care

2 comments:

Shaheen Ghiassy said...

I'm glad to see that within a week of leaving America you're already an "ex-patriot"... boooooo!

Colorado Gal said...

Hey kiddo! It was fun hanging out with you in Bangkok....we just got back a few hours ago, safe and sound. And hey, FYI...those triangle pillows? They took all three of ours at customs in Seattle, so we may be asking you to send us some flat ones! (Apparently the stuffing is straw or something...I was pissed!) Tell Kelly hi for me!