Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Me love Thailand long time


Here is a disturbing picture of me with the birthday cake Kelly got for me. Sorry if some of you have nightmares.

Anyways, it appears we are gearing up to stay in Thailand a little longer. When it came to discussions of our next move we just couldn't convince each other it was time to leave. We have finally settled into the area with a group of friends and beautiful places to keep us busy. I have been volunteering at the local Phuket Aquarium http://www.phuketaquarium.org/ (I helped with the website!), finishing up my PADI divemaster training, and now I teach English to kids on the weekends. Kelly has shown her endurance and ability to put up with anything as she is almost done with her first full year of teaching! She will be rewarded with three weeks of very easy teaching followed by three weeks of paid vacation which she deserves.

Our latest plan is to be here through October this year. We are looking for a new house to move into for that 8 month period, which will be a good change from the screaming children we have next door and the pesky thieves in the neighborhood we have been struck by three times. The last of which ended in me chasing them down the street in my boxers at 1:30 in the morning screaming profanities. Needless to say a change will be welcomed.

We are uncertain of course of what happens after October, so don't bother asking Mom. We are both interested in going back to school but who knows what the future holds for us. I hope all is well for everyone, drop me or Kelly an email sometime and let us know what is new with you.

I promise to make more frequent posts (that is of course if something interesting happens).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you teaching? Sure I saw you at Kajonkiet??

Hope you are enjoying Phuket!

Jamie
Phuket

Rick and Kelly said...

Kelly works at Kajonkietpattana in Phuket town, which is the original school that expanded to the second branch Kajonkietsuksa, Rick works at ELT also in Phuket town.

Rick and Kelly said...

........just checked out jamie's phuket blog, it has a wealth of information!! Thanks!!